Wednesday 10 July 2013

Liebster Award



Two weeks ago, the lovely Emaginette honoured me with the Liebster Award--Thank you so much, Em. *hugs* I've been working to finish the revisions for my contemporary romance, the sequel for Truly Madly Deeply, You for Inkspell Publishing. and my Paranormal Romance novella, Homecoming and haven't had so much blogging time. Now that things have settled down a bit after submitting the manuscripts, I can lay back and relax a bit. :)

The Liebster Award has been around since 2010, and over the years the requirements have changed. No one is required nor obligated to do any or all of the following, but accept the award.
1.Post the award on her/his blog.
2.Thank the nominator and link back to his or her blog.
3.Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4.Answer 11 questions about yourself that the nominator has asked.
5.Nominate 11 fellow bloggers.
6.Make up 11 original questions for your nominees to answer.
7.Let you nominees know they have been nominated.

11 random facts about me:

1. I love afternoon tea with biscuits
2. I knit and crochet.
3. I'm a slow reader. It takes me almost a week to finish a book.
4. I'm a Gemini. :)
5. I'd rather use the escalators than climb the stairs
6. I work as an assistant nurse
7. I'm a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender --The animated series. or as we call it here The Legend of Aang.
8. I prefer spicy foods over chocolate
9. I don't look 38. At least my kiddies tell me I look like I'm twenty..haha. I love them so much
10. I still can't get a handle of tweeting. :( why is it so difficult for me?
11. I'm 5'3 and somehow most of my characters end up being the same height.


Now, to answer these fun questions from Em:


If you could be a movie star which one would you be?

Johny Depp. This guy impresses me how seamlessly he slips from one role to another. The first time I 'met' Johny was on 21 Jump Street. He's grown on me, this man.

What is the first thing you remember as a child?

How my mother used to dress us up -I have three sisters-- in similar dresses. 

Do you paint your toenails? What color?

Red. 

What is your favorite saying?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)

If you could write with any color of ink, what color would it be?

Purple. I love purple. :)

When you go out for fun, where and what do you do?

Movies- both with friends and my kiddies, go dancing with friends, playing UNO and pretending to be Draculaura from Monster High. Yep, my kiddie loves those dolls. Exploring the city and taking photos of historical buildings,

If someone put a small box in front of you, what would be in it?

 A key to unlock a hidden door to another world.

Which would you prefer ice cream or wading in a mountain stream?

Wading in a mountain stream, especially on a hot summer day. One word. Heavenly.

When you finish work, what do you do first?

I hug my kiddies.

If you wrote a fairytale about a princess saving a prince, what would it be called?

Oh this is s nice one because I have a WIP I'm working on, where the princess saves the prince from the certain jaws of death. Two Kingdoms that have been enemies for centuries, and a war is brewing on the horizon. The prince literally falls on the princess' lap when he trespasses their lands and is shot by a stray bullet. Lots of action and romance and Oh my, swoon moments. :) Keep an eye on this one in 2014.

Blow out the imaginary candles on this cake and tell me, what did you wish for?

So many wishes, but one stands out among the cluster of wishes. That  I live long enough to see my kiddies all grown up and happy.

So, my nominees are: (in my case, I think I'll break the "11 nominees rules" a bit)

Meradeth Houston

Angela Brown

Priya Kanaparti

Lexa Cain

C. Lee

My questions to the nominees:

1. What is the best gift anyone has ever given you?
2.What's your favourite place on earth?
3. Would you say your current job has always been your dream job?
4. If you were given a chance to learn to play a musical instrument, which one would it be?
5. If you could choose to be anything, what would you be?
6. Do you believe in Horoscope?

Oh boy! That's all I could come up with. hehe

Thank you so much for dropping by!
<3


4 comments:

  1. Great post. Love the story and I'll keep an eye out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination!! I love your questions :) And I also totally think the small box with the key is the best answer I've ever seen--just what I'd love too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Liebster award! I enjoyed reading your details, and I'm a Gemini and 5'3", too (although my characters are always taller! That's wishful thinking on my part. lol). Thanks very much for the nomination. You're so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for tagging me. I've got to admit, we have some pretty decent things in common. I adore Johnny Depp, embrace your favorite saying (man, I've seriously had to embrace it lol!!!) and love the color purple as well!

    ReplyDelete